- The banshee turned into a rat, which chased its tail in a circle, then — crack!— became a rattlesnake, which slithered and writhed before — crack! — becoming a single, bloody eyeball.
- "Yeah…" said Harry, his stomach writhing.
- You don’t see it writhing on the ground, perhaps, and a shadowy figure raising an axe behind it?
- He was writhing with all his might, trying to break free of Ron’s grip.
- Pettigrew squeaked, turning to Lupin instead, writhing imploringly in front of him.
- He was thinner than ever, large tufts of hair had fallen out leaving wide bald patches, and he writhed in Ron’s hands as though desperate to free himself "It’s okay, Scabbers!" said Ron.
There are no more uses of "writhe" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The patient writhed in pain.
- She writhed on the sidewalk begging that someone call an ambulance.
Go to more samples