- "Read it!" he hissed evilly, brandishing the letter the owl had delivered.
- He rolled up his sleeves, brandished his wand, and bellowed, "Peskipiksi Pesternomi!"
- Ron yelled after it, brandishing his broken wand.
- Harry looked bemusedly at the photograph Colin was brandishing under his nose.
- He brandished his wand at the snake and there was a loud bang; the snake, instead of vanishing, flew ten feet into the air and fell back to the floor with a loud smack.
There are no more uses of "brandish" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She brandished a sword.
- She tossed her new weapon up in the air, caught it again, brandished it, and urged the horse forward.
Go to more samples
C.S. Lewis -- The Magician’s Nephew