- "D’you think that was a centaur we heard earlier?" said Harry.
- They’re deep, mind, centaurs… they know things… jus’ don’ let on much.
- He walked forward and shook the centaur’s hand.
- Centaurs are concerned with what has been foretold!
- The planets have been read wrongly before now, even by centaurs.
- A movement in the trees behind Ronan made Hagrid raise his bow again, but it was only a second centaur, black-haired and —bodied and wilder-looking than Ronan.
- Anyway, who says the centaurs are right?
- He’s a centaur.
- A centaur was standing over him, not Ronan or Bane; this one looked younger; he had white-blond hair and a palomino body.
- "Are you all right?" said the centaur, pulling Harry to his feet.
- The centaur didn’t answer.
- "Never," said Hagrid irritably, "try an’ get a straight answer out of a centaur.
There are no more uses of "centaur" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Firenze is the name of a centaur character in the Harry Potter stories.
- In Greek mythology, Chiron is probably the most famous of the centaurs. He is known for his wisdom and knowledge of medicine.
Go to more samples