- "Hullo, Bane," said Hagrid.
- Bane walked over to stand next to Ronan.
- Harry and Hermione followed him out of the clearing, staring over their shoulders at Ronan and Bane until the trees blocked their view.
- A centaur was standing over him, not Ronan or Bane; this one looked younger; he had white-blond hair and a palomino body.
- Ronan and Bane came bursting through the trees, their flanks heaving and sweaty.
- "What have you been telling him?" growled Bane.
- Bane kicked his back legs in anger.
- Firenze bellowed at Bane.
- I set myself against what is lurking in this forest, Bane, yes, with humans alongside me if I must.
- And Firenze whisked around; with Harry clutching on as best he could, they plunged off into the trees, leaving Ronan and Bane behind them.
- Bane was furious… he was talking about interfering with what the planets say is going to happen….
- Bane thinks Firenze should have let Voldemort kill me….
- Firenze might back us up if Bane doesn’t stop him.
- "So all I’ve got to wait for now is Snape to steal the Stone," Harry went on feverishly, "then Voldemort will be able to come and finish me off… Well, I suppose Bane’ll be happy."
- Bane thundered.
- Why’s Bane so angry?" he asked.
There are no more uses of "bane" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- "Since our country’s birth, the rebel forces have been the bane of our society.
Kiera Cass -- The One
- Ask your friend Magnus Bane, if you do not believe me.
Go to more samples
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire