- At night plumes of vapour steamed from the vents, lit from beneath with red light, or blue, or venomous green.
- With his left hand he drew back Gollum’s head by his thin lank hair, stretching his long neck, and forcing his pale venomous eyes to stare up at the sky.
- He did not answer Sam, but gave him a swift venomous look.
- ’Not asleep, dead! ’ And as he said it, as if the words had set the venom to its work again.
- Slowly he raised his head and saw her, only a few paces away, eyeing him, her beak drabbling a spittle of venom, and a green ooze trickling from below her wounded eye.
- They had not gone more than a few yards when from behind them came a sound, startling and horrible in the heavy padded silence: a gurgling, bubbling noise, and a long venomous hiss.
There are no more uses of "venom" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: snake venom
poison created by some insects and animals such as snakes
as in: jealousy-fueled venom
intense feelings of hatred or anger