- The Giver’s face took on a solemn look.
- She stood solemnly listening to the speech of firm instructions on the responsibilities of Eight and doing volunteer hours for the first time.
- It was different only in the addition to it of the newchild with his pale, solemn, knowing eyes.
- Pierre was always whispering solemnly.
- "We failed in our last selection," the Chief Elder said solemnly.
- They waved back, smiling, but he noticed that Lily was watching him solemnly, her thumb in her mouth.
- He would make the solemn announcement that Jonas had been lost in the river.
- "So if you escape, once you are gone — and, Jonas, you know that you can never return — " Jonas nodded solemnly.
There are no more uses of "solemn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources