- Jonas knew she must be nervous, but Fiona was a calm female. She had been sitting quietly, serenely, throughout the Ceremony.
- It was a serene and slow-paced place, unlike the busy centers of manufacture and distribution where the daily work of the community occurred.
- Even the applause, though enthusiastic, seemed serene when Fiona was given the important Assignment of Caretaker of the Old.
- Larissa’s life Elsewhere would be quiet and serene as befit the Old; she would not welcome the responsibility of nurturing a newchild who needed feeding and care, and would likely cry at night.
- Very self-possessed and serene.
There are no more uses of "serene" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- While I lie awake worrying, she sleeps serenely.
- She remained serene even when he was yelling at her.
Go to more samples