- Almost instantly the excruciating pain in his hand had diminished to the throb which was, now, all he could recall of the experience.
- Excruciating hunger and starvation.
- Jonas asked him after he had received a torturous memory in which he had been neglected and unfed; the hunger had caused excruciating spasms in his empty, distended stomach.
- The Giver hesitated painfully, as if saying the name aloud might be excruciating.
There are no more uses of "excruciating" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- My toothache is excruciating.
- At that age it caused excruciating embarrassment.
Go to more samples