- ordinary lives free of anguish because he had been selected, as others before him had, to bear their burden.
- He could still hear it when he opened his eyes and lay anguished on the bed where he received the memories.
- Again and again he dreamed of the anguish and the isolation on the forsaken hill.
- I caused you anguish.
- "Put your hands on me," he directed, aware that in such anguish The Giver might need reminding.
- The Giver gave a rueful, anguished, empty laugh.
- But I gave her anguish of many kinds.
There are no more uses of "anguish" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I felt unbearable anguish when my 4-year-old child died from brain cancer.
- Her guilt led to anguish until she committed her life to good.
Go to more samples