- Young ladies don’t dare Yankee sentries to see a prisoner, just for charity’s sweet sake, and come all dressed up in velvet and feathers and seal muffs too.
- She picked her way precariously across the stepping stones of the muddy street and walked forward until a sentry, his blue overcoat buttoned high against the wind, stopped her.
- She looked down the street toward the firehouse and saw that the wide arched doors were closed and heavily barred and two sentries passed and repassed on each side of the building.
- The second sentry, a large man muffled in a blue overcoat from which villainous black whiskers burst, came through the mud toward them.
- Scarlett thanked him and followed the sentry.
- The hall was dark and as cold as a vault and a shivering sentry was leaning against the closed folding doors of what had been, in better days, the dining room.
- Well, I don’t know," said the sentry, scratching his head.
- He turned to another sentry who was slowly pacing his beat: "Yee-ah, Bill.
There are no more uses of "sentry" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She successfully bluffed her way past the sentry.
- The sentry was killed without a sound.
Go to more samples