- Startled, at first abashed, Charles blushed at the rebuff and then, seeing how her eyes were fastened on his sister, he smiled.
- And how abashed he was, facing Ellen on the morning after.
- They had hushed abashed as she entered and Melanie had arisen, laughing and clutching at hairpins and flying curls from where she was crouching behind the sofa.
- At Belle Watling’s sporting house," said Rhett, looking abashed.
There are no more uses of "abashed" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She was a little abashed, a little nervous: Maybe I’m being silly, but ….
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl
- ’Abashed the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is.’
Go to more samples
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire