- "Well, bring in the bride," said Gerald, and Pork, turning, beckoned into the hall to his wife, newly arrived from the Wilkes plantation to become part of the household of Tara.
- "Dreadfully," answered Suellen, happily beckoning with a smile to Frank.
- Scarlett beckoned to her to come down and went into the house.
- Her eyes singled out Frank Kennedy and beckoned him from the side of Mrs. Elsing.
- And there was seldom any need for this, for she smiled and beckoned and the men came quickly to the buggy and frequently stood bareheaded in the rain to talk business with her.
- The door opened slightly and Dr. Meade stood on the threshold, beckoning imperiously.
There are no more uses of "beckon" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I should be studying, but television beckons me.
- The police officer beckoned me to come over.
Go to more samples