- As she descended from the carriage, she saw Suellen smirk and knew that she must have picked out Frank Kennedy in the crowd.
- A lazy somnolence descended on the crowd.
- Looking out the window, Scarlett saw Pork, who had left the room a moment before, holding high a flaring pine knot, while indistinguishable figures descended from a wagon.
- In addition, bevies of belles from the country districts, where all remaining men were under sixteen or over sixty, descended upon the town.
- Startled at having callers at such an hour, Melanie, Scarlett and Aunt Pittypat roused themselves, hastily hooked their basques, smoothed their hair and descended to the parlor.
- She knew that she and Frank were already in the Yankees’ black books, because of Tony, and disaster might descend on them at any hour.
- She heard sounds of moving feet upstairs and thought "May the Lord damn Prissy," before her eyes closed and something like sleep descended upon her.
- Torrents of sparks shot to the sky and descended slowly, lazily, through blood-colored clouds of smoke.
- They descended like locusts and left Tara to starve slowly and now they were back again to steal the poor leavings.
- And her temper grew shorter and shorter as the weeks went by, for every dollar she saved would be just one more dollar to lose if disaster descended.
- As she stood there, it seemed as though a yoke descended heavily upon her neck, felt as though a heavy load were harnessed to it, a load she would feel as soon as she took a step.
- Doan step down in dat mud," he ordered severely, as Scarlett gathered up her skirts preparatory to descending.
There are no more uses of "descend" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We saw the rocket descend.
- The path descends to the bottom of the mountain.
Go to more samples