- As she stood, hesitant, wondering where she could hide until the ache in her breast subsided a little, a thought came to her, bringing a small ray of hope.
- He was willing to wait until her fears subsided, only—only— He sighed as he twisted about seeking a comfortable position, for he was going away to the war so very soon.
- Now, her nevertoo-scrupulous sense of honor was dulled by repetition of the offense and even fear of discovery had subsided.
- His indignation was mounting, now that the initial hurt was subsiding.
- At Wesley Chapel, she paused to catch her breath and wait for her hammering heart to subside.
- Prissy produced the sugar-tit, given her that morning by Mammy, and the baby’s wails subsided.
There are no more uses of "subside" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I couldn’t think clearly until the pain subsided.
- We had to wait for the noise to subside before we continue our conversation.
Go to more samples