- The state militia who had gone out so short a time before, resplendent in new uniforms, could hardly be distinguished from the seasoned troops, so dirty and unkempt were they.
- He sat slouched in the saddle, a thick, rough-looking man with an unkempt black beard straggling over his unbuttoned blue jacket.
- But it looked forlorn and unkempt under the gray sky.
- The lawn was wide and green with thick clover and bordering it was a straggling, unkempt privet hedge, interlaced with sweet-smelling honeysuckle vines.
There are no more uses of "unkempt" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- This kid has long, unkempt hair and a hardened look about him.
Neal Shusterman -- Unwind
- With his dark unkempt hair, his unlined face, he looked no more than twenty-five.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle