- Startled, at first abashed, Charles blushed at the rebuff and then, seeing how her eyes were fastened on his sister, he smiled.
- "I said I didn’t want to talk about it," she said coldly but Alex did not seem rebuffed.
- He patted her shoulder timidly, gingerly at first, and when she did not rebuff him he became bolder and patted her firmly.
- And she could understand his shrewd caginess, so like her own, his obstinate pride that kept him from admitting his love for fear of a rebuff.
There are no more uses of "rebuff" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- If she argued with a neighbor constantly over a barking dog, if she was forced to rebuff a flirty guy, whatever you got, I need.
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl
- Sebastian’s forces were rebuffed.
Go to more samples
Cassandra Clare -- City of Heavenly Fire