- She arose and stood irresolutely at the foot of the stairs.
- For a moment she stood irresolute and through the closed door came the sound of her boy’s treble laughter.
- She paused irresolutely, saying nothing and his arm went up in gesture of command.
- She stood in the hall, irresolute, frightened, and the glaring light of the fire in the sitting room threw tall dim shadows on the walls about her.
- She wavered irresolutely and he was at her side, his hand on her arm in a grip that hurt.
- She stood irresolutely for a moment as though she longed to take flight.
There are no more uses of "irresolute" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- When I came to you last week and found you alone, I came determined to know the truth; though irresolute what to do when it WAS known.
Austen, Jane -- Sense and Sensibility
- He was near the door now, barely two feet away from me where I stood at the threshold, irresolute, not knowing whether to forge on toward my room or to turn and flee.
Go to more samples
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice