- "But where’s General Hood’s army?" interposed Melanie hastily.
- Melanie again interposed.
- Archie already had his arm under Ashley’s shoulder and Pitty, frightened and uncertain, was on her feet when the captain interposed.
- The girl wouldn’t have you anyway," interposed Andrew.
- I claimed them first," said Tony, beginning to scowl at his brother; and Melanie, fluttering with fear at the possibility of one of the famous Fontaine quarrels, interposed and made peace.
- I’ll help you, Sissy," interposed Carreen docilely.
There are no more uses of "interpose" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Where were their voices when the lips of Governor Barnett dripped with words of interposition and nullification?
Martin Luther King, Jr. -- Letter from a Birmingham Jail
- Michael moved in front of the machine, interposing himself between Octavian and the two Greek demigods.
Go to more samples
Rick Riordan -- The Blood of Olympus