- Who goaded you into admitting that you thought men were fools to die for high-sounding principles?
- CHAPTER XIII Under Mrs. Merriwether’s goading, Dr. Meade took action, in the form of a letter to the newspaper wherein he did not mention Rhett by name, though his meaning was obvious.
- Something was driving him, driving him with a cruel goad, but she did not understand what it was.
- She knew he was laughing and the thought goaded her.
- But all these things went down before the merciless coldness of her mind and the goad of desperation.
- "Well, what if he is?" cried Scarlett, goaded.
- Scarlett was goaded.
- But if she sold the mills— No, she did not want to sell but, goaded by the thought that Rhett had exposed her to Ashley in so truthful and so unflattering a light, she had made up her mind instantly.
There are no more uses of "goad" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She goaded him into an argument.
- She tried to goad the candidate into saying something extreme.
Go to more samples