- "He is a Communist," Maria said.
- It’s years since I’ve kissed a bullfighter, even an unsuccessful one like thee, I would like to kiss an unsuccessful bullfighter turned Communist.
- Are you a Communist?
- And another is to see panic in the face of a failed bullfighter of Communist tendencies when I say, as a joke, I might kiss him.
- Here in Spain the Communists offered the best discipline and the soundest and sanest for the prosecution of the war.
- Then you have a communism in your country?
- That was probably why the Communists were always cracking down on Bohemianism.
- They were Communists and they were disciplinarians.
- I suppose the Nazis keep it, he thought, and the Communists who have a severe enough selfdiscipline.
- It was the opposite of the puritanical, religious communism of Velazquez 63, the Madrid palace that had been turned into the International Brigade headquarters in the capital.
- "And afterwards shoot the anarchists and the Communists and all this canalla except the good Republicans," Agustan said.
- He was under Communist discipline for the duration of the war.
- It was one of the slogans of the Communist party and it meant, "Hold out and fortify, and you will win."
- Will not thy Pasionaria send me now from here to Russia, Communist?
- Now by the oversuspicion of a Communist.
- It was hard, when Karkov spoke, to remember with what importance he, Andre Marty, came from the Central Committee of the French Communist Party.
There are no more uses of "communism" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- A challenge with communism is that it is harder to know how to allocate capital when prices are subjective rather than the product of individual valuations.
- Capitalists defeated communists in the Cold War.
Go to more samples