- It is growing and darkening now; and therefore our fear and disquiet grow too.
- Therefore I send thee what I have made for thee.
- ’I have no help to send, therefore I must go myself,’ said Aragorn.
- Therefore, only of your free will would I have you come, for you will find both toil and great fear, and maybe worse.
- But the oath that they broke was to fight against Sauron, and they must fight therefore, if they are to fulfil it.
- Therefore I say to you, lady: Stay!
- ’But we must go in, and therefore the horses must go too,’ said Aragorn.
- And therefore he is now in great doubt.
- Therefore I ask the Captains: what force could we muster and lead out in two days’ time at the latest?
- Therefore the King of Gondor demands that he should atone for his evils, and depart then for ever.
- Therefore Aragorn now set the host in such array as could best be contrived; and they were drawn up on two great hills of blasted stone and earth that orcs had piled in years of labour.
- Now therefore I must pronounce your doom.
- Therefore they shall be trothplighted before you all.
- ’Now therefore let us go to Fangorn and set the score right!’ From Deeping-coomb they rode to Isengard, and saw how the Ents had busied themselves.
There are no more uses of "therefore" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Kim is taller than Ashley. Ashley is taller than Anna. Therefore, Kim is taller than Anna.
- It has not been approved for use in this country. Therefore, you cannot buy it here.
Go to more samples