- So deep and narrow was that chasm that the sky was dark, and in it small stars glinted.
- A short way beyond the way-meeting, after another steep incline, a flying bridge of stone leapt over the chasm and bore the road across into the tumbled slopes and glens of the Morgai.
- Frodo gave a cry, and there he was, fallen upon his knees at the chasm’s edge.
- The light sprang up again, and there on the brink of the chasm, at the very Crack of Doom, stood Frodo, black against the glare, tense, erect, but still as if he had been turned to stone.
There are no more uses of "chasm" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- You can’t leap a twenty-foot chasm with two 10-foot jumps.
- We were stopped by an impassable chasm.
Go to more samples