- The misty lights wavered, dimmed, and went out.
- There, near the fringe of the forest, tall spires of curling black smoke went up, wavering and floating towards them.
- Though he could not catch or understand any of the words — he supposed the language was Entish — Pippin found the sound very pleasant to listen to at first; but gradually his attention wavered.
- And plink! a silver drop falls, and the round wrinkles in the glass make all the towers bend and waver like weeds and corals in a grotto of the sea.
- They wavered, broke, and fled back; and then charged again, broke and charged again; and each time, like the incoming sea, they halted at a higher point.
- The Orcs upon the Rock, hearing the rumour of dismay, wavered and looked back.
- All light went out of them, and they stared bleak and pale for a moment into the clear unwavering eyes of the man of Gondor.
- He drew the sword, a flicker of blue in his wavering hand, but they did not see it.
- Frodo’s hand wavered, and slowly the Phial drooped.
- Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing.
- They wavered.
There are no more uses of "waver" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Through good times and bad her love for him has never wavered.
- We are looking for someone who won’t waver when things get tough.
Go to more samples