- At night plumes of vapour steamed from the vents, lit from beneath with red light, or blue, or venomous green.
- With his left hand he drew back Gollum's head by his thin lank hair, stretching his long neck, and forcing his pale venomous eyes to stare up at the sky.
- He did not answer Sam, but gave him a swift venomous look.
- 'Not asleep, dead! ' And as he said it, as if the words had set the venom to its work again.
- Slowly he raised his head and saw her, only a few paces away, eyeing him, her beak drabbling a spittle of venom, and a green ooze trickling from below her wounded eye.
- They had not gone more than a few yards when from behind them came a sound, startling and horrible in the heavy padded silence: a gurgling, bubbling noise, and a long venomous hiss.
There are no more uses of "venom" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It was a cobra, whose venom could kill a person in minutes.
Paulo Coelho -- The Alchemist
- I used elder python venom, straight from the depths of Tartarus.
Go to more samples
Rick Riordan -- The Sea of Monsters