- But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.
- I do not know the reason for your flight, and therefore I do not know by what means your pursuers will assail you.
- You must go — and therefore we must, too.
- Now, therefore, things shall be openly spoken that have been hidden from all but a few until this day.
- "This I will have as weregild for my father, and my brother," he said; and therefore whether we would or no, he took it to treasure it.
- For few, I deem, know of our deeds, and therefore guess little of their peril, if we should fail at last.
- Therefore I went first to meet him and hear his tale.
- Therefore it must be shunned.
- Therefore my brother, seeing how desperate was our need, was eager to heed the dream and seek for Imladris; but since the way was full of doubt and danger, I took the journey upon myself.
- Therefore Boromir will also be in the Company.
- Therefore I advise that we should go neither over the mountains, nor round them, but under them.
- Therefore we should leave by the eastern arch of the hall, and bear right and south, and go downwards.
- Therefore they were called the Galadhrim, the Tree-people.
- They heard my voice across the Nimrodel, and knew that I was one of their Northern kindred, and therefore they did not hinder our crossing; and afterwards they heard my song.
- Though you have been our guests,’ said Celeborn, ’you have not yet eaten with us, and we bid you, therefore, to a parting feast, here between the flowing waters that will bear you far from Lorien.
There are no more uses of "therefore" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Kim is taller than Ashley. Ashley is taller than Anna. Therefore, Kim is taller than Anna.
- It has not been approved for use in this country. Therefore, you cannot buy it here.
Go to more samples