- They are quick of hearing and sharp-eyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unnecessarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements.
- Nonetheless, ease and peace had left this people still curiously tough.
- It is clear, nonetheless, from these legends, and from the evidence of their peculiar words and customs, that like many other folk Hobbits had in the distant past moved westward.
- Nonetheless it took another five years before the tale was brought to its present end; in that time I changed my house, my chair, and my college, and the days though less dark were no less laborious.
- The custom endured, nonetheless, of referring to the head of the family as The Took, and of adding to his name, if required, a number: such as Isengrim the Second, for instance.
- Nonetheless I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond.
- Nonetheless they saw no sign of an enemy that day, nor the next.
- Nonetheless it needed the strength of the two Men to lift and haul them over the ground that the Company now had to cross.
- Nonetheless as the night wore on Aragorn grew uneasy, tossing often in his sleep and waking.
There are no more uses of "nonetheless" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Sometimes she gets angry and loses her temper, but I love her nonetheless.
- The class was hard. It was nonetheless my favorite.
Go to more samples