- Frodo took it from his breeches-pocket, where it was clasped to a chain that hung from his belt.
- The flies began to torment them, and the air was full of clouds of tiny midges that crept up their sleeves and breeches and into their hair.
- He flung his circlet, belt, and rings on the grass, and looked round helplessly, as if he expected to find his cloak, jacket, and breeches, and other hobbit-garments lying somewhere to hand.
- Bilbo put it on him, and fastened Sting upon the glittering belt; and then Frodo put over the top his old weather-stained breeches, tunic, and jacket.
There are no more uses of "breech" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It was a difficult breech birth.
- The rocket is breech-loaded and a two-person team can fire it six times a minute.
Go to more samples