- 'Then he must be a noble beast indeed,' said Aragorn; 'and it grieves me more than many tidings that might seem worse to learn that Sauron levies such tribute.
- Of what they brought to light the Orcs have gathered nearly all, and given it in tribute to Sauron, who covets it.
- ' "They pay a tribute of horses," he answered, "and send many yearly to Mordor, or so it is said; but they are not yet under the yoke.
There are no more uses of "tribute" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Such a look from another man would merit a slap, but from Keenan, it's more tribute than insult.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- I will speak first of our ancestors, for it is right and seemly that now, when we are lamenting the dead, a tribute should be paid to their memory.
Go to more samples
Thucydides -- Pericles's Funeral Oration