- The Ring of the Enemy would leave its mark, too, leave him open to the summons.
- He had hardly finished speaking when they were summoned to the hall by the ringing of many bells.
- Master Elrond will summon us all ere long, I believe, and then we shall all hear many things.
- He is a strange creature, but maybe I should have summoned him to our Council.
- It is hardly possible to separate you from him, even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not.
- A shuddering howl broke from him, as if he were a captain summoning his pack to the assault.
- The widest was more than seven feet across, and it was long before Pippin could summon enough courage to leap over the dreadful gap.
- or we summon them to the last need of Lorien.
- Elrond summoned the hobbits to him.
- For he believed that the message of the dreams was a summons, and that the hour had come at last when the heir of Elendil should come forth and strive with Sauron for the mastery.
- I it was who first summoned the White Council.
- Chapter 8 Farewell to Lorien That night the Company was again summoned to the chamber of Celeborn, and there the Lord and Lady greeted them with fair words.
There are no more uses of "summon" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I was summoned to the principal’s office.
- I summoned all my courage and walked into the room.
Go to more samples