- Langdon moved toward her again, instinctively, but Kohler intervened.
- Postponing the ceremony before it starts is grounds alone for an inquiry, but after the doors are sealed nothing intervenes.
- Commander Olivetti stepped forward, trying to intervene.
- "Commander Olivetti," Langdon intervened, trying to diffuse what looked like a second bomb about to explode.
- Kohler intervened.
- He wished he and Macri had reached the body sooner, before the army of plainclothed soldiers had intervened.
- As Langdon’s excitement mounted, his vague familiarity with the statue intervened, insisting the work had nothing to do with fire.
- Although Langdon had made a move to stop the camerlegno from entering the shaft, Chartrand had intervened, grabbing Langdon and holding on.
- God, with a few whispered words in the camerlegno’s ear, had intervened and saved this church.
There are no more uses of "intervene" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: intervened in the war
get involved -- typically without welcome
as in: in the intervening years
passage of time -- especially between two events