- Assuming it could only be a criminal, they followed protocol and called in the Judicial Police.
- Then I assume you have the information?
- "I assume," Langdon said, "that the American University of Paris told you where I was staying?"
- I assumed he’d heard I would be lecturing on the pagan iconography of French cathedrals, was interested in the topic, and thought it would be fun to meet for drinks after the talk.
- Why not—if we’re assuming the Church was able to uncover the identities of the Priory members, then certainly they could have learned of their plans.
- I can only assume it was the Priory.
- Having heard liquid within, Langdon assumed the cylinder was hollow.
- And I assume devout Christians send you hate mail on a daily basis?
- I assume you recognize this fresco?
- Many people incorrectly assume the male symbol is derived from a shield and spear, while the female symbol represents a mirror reflecting beauty.
Show more again
- I’ll admit, the hidden M’s are intriguing, although I assume nobody is claiming they are proof of Jesus’ marriage to Magdalene.
- Robert, I assume you are familiar with the Priory’s final charge?
- When Sophie had first seen the scrambled Fibonacci sequence on the parquet, she had assumed its sole purpose was to encourage DCPJ to call in their cryptographers and get Sophie involved.
- "It’s early on a Saturday," Teabing said, hobbling toward the entrance, "so I’m assuming we won’t have services to deal with."
- Peering down the hollow of the rolled paper, Sophie could see it had been wrapped around a cylindrical object—the vial of vinegar, she assumed.
- Casual visitors assumed this oddly protruding wall was a section of the chapel that had not been finished.
- The Kent police would tell Fache the plane was empty, and Fache would have to assume they were still in France.
- I can only assume you are on a Grail quest.
- "PHI’s ubiquity in nature," Langdon said, killing the lights, "clearly exceeds coincidence, and so the ancients assumed the number PHI must have been preordained by the Creator of the universe.
- "Considering the circumstances," Langdon said, "I would assume that if Saunière wanted to tell you who killed him, he would have written down somebody’s name."
- The director said she never once mentioned Saunière to him, and he assumed it was because she probably didn’t want preferential treatment for having a famous grandfather.
There are no more uses of "assume" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: I assume it's true
to accept something as true without proof
as in: She assumed power
beginning to take power or responsibility
as in: She assumed a false identity
to take on (adopt, wear, strike a pose or appearance of) -- often while pretending or disguising
as in: assumed into heaven
to take up or receive someone into heaven