- Some Russian peasant, apparently.
- He just tells you he’s a peasant and that he’s thirty-three years old and that he’s got a withered arm.
- I mean it starts out with this peasant—the pilgrim—wanting to find out what it means in the Bible when it says you should pray incessantly.
- Well, as I said, the pilgrim—this simple peasant—started the whole pilgrimage to find out what it means in the Bible when it says you’re supposed to pray without ceasing.
- In the beginning, the little peasant tells you, he had a wife and a farm.
- "Both books are about a Russian peasant, around the turn of the century," he said, in what was, for his implacably matter-of-fact voice, a rather narrative tone.
There are no more uses of "peasant" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Most people in the Middle Ages were peasants.
- In 1932 a peasant revolt in Su County China stopped collection of the poppy tax.
Go to more samples