- Then, suddenly, with one of her most audible sighs, she stood up and, grim and duty-bound, moved into the washstand area Zooey had vacated.
- Then, after an interval, she did reply to Zooey’s question, but not very audibly.
- Franny was delighted, and audibly so.
- She was chinking more audibly than usual, as if a box of assorted household nails had come apart in one of her kimono pockets.
There are no more uses of "audible" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She spoke in a barely audible whisper.
- It was so quiet, our breathing was the only thing audible in the room.
Go to more samples