- As he reached the door he met Zeena coming back into the room, her lips twitching with anger, a flush of excitement on her sallow face.
- She had pale opaque eyes which revealed nothing and reflected nothing, and her narrow lips were of the same sallow colour as her face.
- She looked so small and pinched, in her poor dress, with the red scarf wound about her, and the cold light turning her paleness sallow, that Ethan stood before her without speaking.
There are no more uses of "sallow" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The illness has sallowed her face
- She was a thin, sallow, sickly, and nervous woman
Go to more samples
Leo Tolstoy -- Anna Karenina