- We had to have a commander with so much empathy that he would think like the buggers, understand them and anticipate them.
- Meanwhile, his Locke followed her moderate, empathic strategies.
- By having her write Demosthenes, it meant he also had some empathy, just as Locke also could play on others fears.
- Demosthenes is definitely the girl, but Graff says the girl was rejected for Battle School because she was too pacific, too conciliatory, and above all, too empathic.
There are no more uses of "empathy" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She lacks empathy and is very selfish.
- In fact, I thought it would teach them a thing or two about empathy, and friendship, and loyalty.
Go to more samples
R.J. Palacio -- Wonder