- He tried a chord on the instrument, nodded.
- He struck another chord, listened to it, smiled.
- He drew a soft chord from the instrument, found that someone had already tuned it.
- Halleck drew a final soft chord from the baliset, thinking: Now we are seventy-three.
- Gurney strummed a chord.
- Halleck bent his ear close to the sounding board, strummed a chord and sang softly: "Our fathers ate manna in the desert, In the burning places where whirlwinds came.
There are no more uses of "chord" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In her first day learning the guitar, she has learned how to play G major, C major, and D major chords.
- My father and I would stay up at night and sing some of the songs together as he attempted to work out the chords on his guitar.
Go to more samples
Colleen Hoover -- Slammed