- "I am hungry," the Baron rumbled, and he rubbed his protruding lips with a beringed hand, stared down at Feyd-Rautha through fat-enfolded eyes.
- A black handle with deep finger ridges protruded from it.
- He reached into his tunic, brought out a sheath with a black-ridged handle protruding from it.
- He felt pain there, saw a dart protruding from the sleeve, sensed paralysis spreading from it up his arm.
- Wisps of sandy hair protruded from it, matched by a sparse beard and thick brows.
- Paul shifted his attention to the robe-covered mound at Stilgar’s feet, recognized the handle of a baliset protruding from the fabric.
- But the gladiator came over with his own knife, protruding from his breast.
- He bent and crossed the gladiator’s hands around the protruding knife handle, then removed the knife and placed it in the limp hands.
- He touched the nezhoni scarf at her forehead where it protruded from her stillsuit cap.
- Her face peered out of the hood like a witch caricature — sunken cheeks and eyes, an overlong nose, skin mottled and with protruding veins.
There are no more uses of "protrude" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- metal spikes protrude from the dog’s collar
- operate to repair the muscle wall through which the hernia protrudes
Go to more samples