- The Guild’s as jealous of its privacy as it is of its monopoly.
- We’ve a three-point civilization: the Imperial Household balanced against the Federated Great Houses of the Landsraad, and between them, the Guild with its damnable monopoly on interstellar transport.
- The damnable Guild monopoly on space would’ve ruined us if I hadn’t planned for this expense long ago.
- With a date it signifies Before Guild and identifies the Imperial dating system based on the genesis of the Spacing Guild’s monopoly.
- The Guild monopoly on space travel and transport and upon international banking is taken as the beginning point of the Imperial Calendar.
- To begin with, early space travel, although widespread, was largely unregulated, slow, and uncertain, and, before the Guild monopoly, was accomplished by a hodgepodge of methods.
- It was a move encouraged by the Spacing Guild, which was beginning to build its monopoly over all interstellar travel, and by the Bene Gesserit who were banding the sorceresses.
There are no more uses of "monopoly" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- When you have a monopoly you can raise prices.
- They have no monopoly on intelligence
Go to more samples