- Mysticism isn’t difficult when you survive each second by surmounting open hostility.
- But the school had surmounted greater obstacles and its error here goes deeper.
- The Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam, Bene Gesserit Proctor who tested Paul’s humanity when he was fifteen, deposes that he surmounted more agony in the test than any other human of record.
- The Baron raised his voice to surmount the sudden noise, said, "I hope you’ll not be discontented with the performance of my nephew today, Count Fenring.
There are no more uses of "surmount" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In this way an incident, which most had felt could never be surmounted and which no doubt would destroy the marriage, was cemented over.
Michael Ondaatje -- Running in the Family
- I repeated Chairman Mao’s quotation, "Be resolute, fear no sacrifice, and surmount every difficulty to win victory."
Go to more samples
Ji-Li Jiang -- Red Scarf Girl