- She’s the one whose tactless comments and cruel jokes about matters I don’t think are funny have made me insensitive to any sign of love on her part.
- Our tactless mother, especially, only made things go from bad to worse.
- Mine takes an active interest in my life, but has no tact, sensitivity or motherly understanding.
- But I wanted so much to help him! I told him about Bep and how tactless our mothers are.
- I imagine a mother as a woman who, first and foremost, possesses a great deal of tact, especially toward her adolescent children, and not one who, like Momsy, pokes fun at me when I cry.
There are no more uses of "tact" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- He was a big, good man with a soft baritone, who ruled with easy tact a choir of repressed soloists, and who had an unerring memory for the favorite hymns of District Superintendents.
Harper Lee -- Go Set a Watchman
- Minho shouted, always the tactful one.
Go to more samples
James Dashner -- The Scorch Trials