- Vetra cried out in agony.
- Cracking loudly, the corpse’s face rotated into view, contorted in agony.
- Vittoria’s emotions were a cyclone of twisting agonies.
- Dead center of Piazza Navona, outside the church of St. Agnes in Agony, Bernini had forged one of his most celebrated sculptures.
- The church was called Saint Agnes in Agony, named for St. Agnes, a ravishing teenage virgin banished to a life of sexual slavery for refusing to renounce her faith.
- Langdon hunkered lower, crouched in the shadows beside the huge stairway leading up to the Church of St. Agnes in Agony.
- On the floor of the van, contorted in agony, lay a naked man.
- His physical shell was in agony …. burned, bruised, and held underwater by an immovable weight.
- Halfway through his swing, the Hassassin dropped the bar and screamed in agony.
- Every muscle in his body spasmed in agony.
- He brandished a pistol, aimed at the camerlegno, who lay on the floor at his feet, writhing in agony.
- He screamed out in agony.
- Then the priest collapsed on the floor, writhing in agony.
- The inspiration had been God’s own-appearing like a beacon in the camerlegno’s night of agony.
There are no more uses of "agony" in the book.
Show samples from other sources