- Whoever killed Leonardo wanted one thing—the antimatter specimen.
- In those canisters are specimens of the matter he created.
- "The specimen is not touching the canister," Vittoria said, apparently expecting the question.
- Vittoria, surely you can’t be saying those canisters contain actual specimens?
- The specimen remains suspended even if I remove the canister.
- Director, you are looking at the world’s first specimens of antimatter.
- A relatively minuscule specimen.
- All the antimatter specimens were accounted for.
- "Specimen," Vittoria corrected.
- There are other specimens?
- "We need to check those specimens," Kohler said.
- In order to prove antimatter efficient and viable, one had to create specimens of a larger magnitude.
- And second, that the specimens could be safely stored.
- You created a specimen larger than five hundred nanograms?
- Firing up sixteen miles of electromagnets to create a tiny specimen of antimatter expended more energy than the resulting antimatter contained.
- Although Vittoria’s father had been hesitant to create a large specimen, Vittoria had pushed him hard.
- The specimen would be their secret.
- How large a specimen did you and your father create?
- The specimen that was supposed to prove antimatter was a safe and viable energy source had been stolen.
- But nobody knew this specimen even existed!
- Vittoria knew it had been she who convinced her father to create the specimen.
- "Not the specimen," Langdon countered.
- Maybe someone stole the specimen to do analysis and R and D.
- Perhaps you and your father should have considered that before you created the specimen.
- You crossed a line when you made that specimen, and you have put this entire facility at risk.
- I am the one who convinced my father to create that specimen.
- He also showed you a large specimen he kept locked away as proof that his new process could produce antimatter on a large scale.
There are no more uses of "specimen" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The museum holds over a million insect specimens.
- they collected a tissue specimen for analysis
Go to more samples