- So this Illuminati artist created four pieces of art that looked religious, but were actually tributes to Earth, Air, Fire, and Water?
- The symbol itself was created by an anonymous sixteenth-century Illuminati artist as a tribute to Galileo's love of symmetry-a kind of sacred Illuminati logo.
- The banner depicted the Christian "fish" modified with four little feet-a tribute, Aaronian claimed, to the African lungfishes ' evolution onto dry land.
- Each piece needed to be a subtle tribute to one of the four elements of science.
- Farther down the wall, Langdon saw tributes to the Earth's four temporal seasons-primavera, estate, autunno, inverno.
- The Illuminati could have chosen Raphael's tomb as a kind of tribute.
- It was part of some historic tribute to eminent Italians.
- The Chigi was an out of the way alcove, a literal hole-in-thewall, a tribute to a great patron of science, decorated with earthly symbology.
- This was Bernini's tribute to the second element …. Air …. an ethereal zephyr blown from angel's lips.
- Today, however, he had about twenty minutes to find what he was looking for-the one church containing a Bernini tribute to fire.
- A fountain seemed a perfect tribute to water.
- As a student of architecture, Langdon had been amazed to learn that the dimensions of the Pantheon's main chamber were a tribute to Gaea-the goddess of the Earth.
- I need a tribute to Water!
- Galileo's path of Illumination was a tribute to both science and God!
- The church would raise glorious tribute to their names.
- The Fountain of the Four Rivers! A flawless tribute to water, Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers glorified the four major rivers of the Old World-The Nile, Ganges, Danube, and Rio Plata.
There are no more uses of "tribute" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Such a look from another man would merit a slap, but from Keenan, it's more tribute than insult.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- I will speak first of our ancestors, for it is right and seemly that now, when we are lamenting the dead, a tribute should be paid to their memory.
Go to more samples
Thucydides -- Pericles's Funeral Oration