- It had a red brick facade, an ornate balustrade, and sat framed by sculpted symmetrical hedges.
- The marble facade blazed like fire in the afternoon sun.
- Remove a government’s facade of infallibility, and you remove its people’s faith.
- Dead center of each pyramid, embedded in their anterior facades, were gold medallions …. medallions like few Langdon had ever seen …. perfect ellipses.
- The eleventh-century stone aerie was made even more clumsy by the tower of scaffolding covering the facade.
- Feeling a shimmer of hope, Langdon circumnavigated the fountain one more time and studied all four facades of the obelisk.
- The only lights on the castle were exterior floods illuminating the facade.
- Langdon squinted, trying to find refuge behind the facade’s enormous columns, but the light came from all directions.
- And there, having just stepped onto the sacred Papal Balcony located in the exact center of the towering facade, Camerlegno Carlo Ventresca stood with his arms raised to the heavens.
There are no more uses of "facade" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Beneath the facade of ideology was an individual who wanted absolute power.
- "Yesterday’s news," I tell Lucky, keeping up the cool facade I always do.
Go to more samples
Simone Elkeles -- Perfect Chemistry