- As the two men ascended the stone path toward the entry, they passed under a gateway formed by a pair of marble columns.
- Kohler’s breath was labored and getting worse as the Haz-Mat elevator ascended.
- She ascended the main portico to the church’s sole wooden door.
- Having ascended the church stairs, he was now higher, and his view was better.
- Before ascending, Langdon knew he needed a weapon, any weapon.
- As they ran on through the mausoleums, Langdon felt his legs tiring, noting to his surprise that the group was ascending a steady incline.
- They continued ascending the sinuous passages.
- With flames flickering all around him, the camerlegno looked like an angel ascending to heaven.
- Langdon ascended, listening for sounds.
- He ascended into the total darkness, keeping one hand on the wall.
- And when the flame went up toward heaven, the angel of the Lord ascended in the flame.
- And had he not ascended miraculously into a pillar of fire, he would now be buried in the Vatican Grottoes along with the other Popes.
There are no more uses of "ascend" in the book.
Show samples from other sources