- The canvas started to bulge in the middle, the fragile outlines of the Virgin Mary, Baby Jesus, and John the Baptist beginning to distort.
- The bizarre scene Da Vinci had painted included an awkwardly posed Virgin Mary sitting with Baby Jesus, John the Baptist, and the Angel Uriel on a perilous outcropping of rocks.
- Opposite Mary sat Uriel, also with an infant, presumably baby John the Baptist.
- The nuns gave Leonardo specific dimensions, and the desired theme for the painting—the Virgin Mary, baby John the Baptist, Uriel, and Baby Jesus sheltering in a cave.
There are no more uses of "John the Baptist" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I was moved by Rodin’s sculpture of Saint John the Baptist.
- He told me he met John the Baptist!
Go to more samples
Todd Burpo -- Heaven Is for Real