To better see all uses of the word
The Da Vinci Code
please enable javascript.

Used In
The Da Vinci Code
Go to Book Vocabulary
Go to Word Detail
  • "The Priory of Sion," he began, "was founded in Jerusalem in 1099 by a French king named Godefroi de Bouillon, immediately after he had conquered the city."
  • Historians now suspected as many as six different Grail relocations since its arrival in Europe from Jerusalem.
  • During their years in Jerusalem, the Priory learned of a stash of hidden documents buried beneath the ruins of Herod’s temple, which had been built atop the earlier ruins of Solomon’s Temple.
  • Consecrated on the tenth of February in 1185 by Heraclius, Patriarch of Jerusalem, the Temple Church survived eight centuries of political turmoil, the Great Fire of London, and the First World War, only to be heavily damaged by Luftwaffe incendiary bombs in 1940.
  • The Knights Templar had designed Rosslyn Chapel as an exact architectural blueprint of Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem—complete with a west wall, a narrow rectangular sanctuary, and a subterranean vault like the Holy of Holies, in which the original nine knights had first unearthed their priceless treasure.

  • There are no more uses of "Jerusalem" in the book.

    Show samples from other sources
  • Palestinians demanded that Israel halt construction in East Jerusalem.
  • He insists that Arabs and Israelis can find a way to get along in Jerusalem.

  • Go to more samples
Go to Book Vocabulary . . . enhancing vocabulary while reading