- A newly emerging power will take over the existing symbols and degrade them over time in an attempt to erase their meaning.
- As they dropped farther into the subterranean foyer, the yawning space slowly emerged from the shadows.
- Emerging from the shadows, Langdon and Sophie moved stealthily up the deserted Grand Gallery corridor toward the emergency exit stairwell.
- There’s someone in here! A ghostly figure emerged suddenly from out of the reddish haze.
- Emerging from the memory, Sophie slammed on the brakes, skidding to a halt.
- A place where forgotten histories emerged from the shadows.
- To the left, the room’s octagonal viewing divan emerged, looking like a dark island on the empty sea of parquet.
- Vendors manned carts of sandwiches and mineral water while grungy kids in backpacks emerged from the station rubbing their eyes, looking around as if trying to remember what city they were in now.
- At the time it had meant nothing, but now, knowing the Priory of Sion was involved, Langdon felt a startling new possibility emerge.
- Provided we don’t hit any standing water or fallen trees, we shall emerge unscathed on the shoulder of highway five.
- The metal door slid up, and a huge plastic box appeared, emerging from the depths on the inclined conveyor belt.
- Sophie squinted and saw a hand emerging from the crowd of disciples.
- Langdon was having trouble concentrating as a scattering of the park’s nocturnal residents were already emerging from the shadows and flaunting their wares in the glare of the headlights.
- Langdon glimpsed an unimaginable web of connections emerging.
- Langdon’s Mickey Mouse wristwatch read almost seven-thirty when he emerged from the Jaguar limousine onto Inner Temple Lane with Sophie and Teabing.
- On the rainy tarmac at Biggin Hill Executive Airport, Aringarosa emerged from his cramped plane, bundling his cassock against the cold damp.
- Rolling, he grabbed the loose gun just as the officers emerged.
- They emerged immediately into a high-walled, open-roof courtyard through which morning rain was falling.
- Bezu Fache felt weary as he emerged from the interrogation room and hailed a cab.
- Sophie’s grandmother emerged, her silver hair shimmering in the night.
- At the end of the tunnel, he emerged into a large chamber.
- Like a taunting silhouette emerging from the fog, the branches of Britain’s oldest apple tree burgeoned with five-petaled blossoms, all glistening like Venus.
- Minutes later, Teabing got out of the car, climbed into the rear again, cleaned up the evidence, and finally emerged to carry out the final phase of his mission.
- Sacrilege!" the priest yelled, emerging from the study and storming to the front door.
- Sensing Rémy’s presence, the monk in the back emerged from a prayer-like trance, his red eyes looking more curious than fearful.
There are no more uses of "emerge" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- China recently emerged as a world power.
- The idea emerged at a Student Council meeting.
Go to more samples