- As the disk sank into the soft surface, she pinched the hole closed, firmly embedding the device in the bar.
- The staircase, like the aisle of a dark movie theater, was illuminated by subtle tread-lighting embedded in each step.
- In the reflection of the shiny elevator door, he saw the captain’s tie clip—a silver crucifix with thirteen embedded pieces of black onyx.
- Turning toward the window, Sophie gazed through the alarm mesh embedded in the plate glass, down the dizzying forty feet to the pavement below.
- Feeling drained, she walked to the small plate-glass window at the far end of the bathroom and gazed out in silence through the mesh of alarm tape embedded in the glass.
- Embedded in the gray granite floor, a thin polished strip of brass glistened in the stone… a golden line slanting across the church’s floor.
- Within seconds, he found what he knew was there—several bronze medallions embedded in the ground in a perfectly straight line.
- The streets of Paris, Langdon had learned years ago, were adorned with 135 of these bronze markers, embedded in sidewalks, courtyards, and streets, on a north-south axis across the city.
There are no more uses of "embedded" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- cactus needles embedded in my shoulder
- found pebbles embedded in the silt
Go to more samples