- Descending below ground level, Langdon fought a rising trepidation.
- As they descended, they passed between two armed Judicial Police guards with machine guns.
- As she descended again to the deserted living room, she stood a moment in the silence, wondering what could possibly be happening.
- Still descending, Langdon refocused on PHI.
- As she descended, the air grew cooler.
- Throwing the travel bag over his shoulder, he said a silent prayer and left his apartment, descending to the lobby where his driver was waiting to take him to the airport.
- With no headlights, he had crossed an open knoll and was now descending a long slope, moving farther away from the estate.
- Sophie stopped the taxi at an imposing gate that blocked the bank’s driveway—a cement-lined ramp that descended beneath the building.
- They splashed through some water, climbed a small rise, and began descending again.
- He had no idea how many floors they had descended beneath the Depository Bank of Zurich before the door finally opened.
- Teabing felt a joyous sense of homecoming when he saw the misty hills of Kent spreading wide beneath the descending plane.
- They stood in silence, holding hands, both of them fighting the descending shroud of exhaustion.
- Below them, the landing gear descended with a clunk.
- Now, as the knife descended, Silas clenched his eyes shut.
- Pushing through the revolving door, Langdon descended the curved staircase into the pyramid.
- Taking several steps back from the tomb, Langdon peered around the choir screen to his right, across the nave to the side opposite that which they had descended.
- Captain Fache descended from his transport plane at Biggin Hill and listened in disbelief to the Kent chief inspector’s account of what had happened in Teabing’s hangar.
- Seat belts, please," Teabing’s pilot announced as the Hawker 731 descended into a gloomy morning drizzle.
There are no more uses of "descend" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We saw the rocket descend.
- The path descends to the bottom of the mountain.
Go to more samples